Monday, October 24, 2011
Fat Fighting Foods:
(1) Greek Yogurt -- contains more appetite-satisfying protein than other yogurts.
(2) Quinoa -- good source of protein, fiber, and nutrients.
(3) Cinnamon -- can stabilize blood sugar levels, suppress appetite.
(4) Hot Peppers -- speeds up metabolism, aids digestion, energizes organs, and curbs appetite, since you tend to eat less when the food is spicy.
(5) Green Tea -- stimulates body to burn abdominal fat, speeds up metabolism, and may suppress appetite.
(6) Grapefruit -- soluble fiber makes you feel full, but with fewer calories than other foods.
(7) Watermelon -- high water content and low calories makes you feel full, so you eat less.
(8) Pears and Apples -- fiber fills you up and the chewing stimulates your digestive juices.
(9) Grapes -- high water content and low calories provide that full feeling faster.
(10) Berries -- high water and fiber content plus sweetness result in feeling full faster, with fewer calories.
(11) Raw Vegetables -- all that crunching and chewing gets your digestion going, and the water and fiber content give you the full feeling with fewer calories.
(12) Sweet Potatoes -- the sweetness can reduce embellishments like butter, sour cream, and gravy, and the bifer and nutrients provide a full feeling with lower calories.
(13) Coffee -- speeds up the metabolism, but avoid tons of cream and sugar, and never drink it on an empty stomach, eat a banana or something along with the coffee. If you have acid reflux, use a reduced acid coffee or drink a glass of vanilla soy milk to neutralize the acid.
(14) Oatmeal -- hot foods are eaten slower, and you may eat less of them, plus oatmeal provides water and fiber to make you feel full with fewer calories.
(15) Whole Grain Crackers and Breads -- Web MD says "Whole-grain rye crackers, sometimes called crispbreads, offer a low-fat, fiber-packed alternative to traditional crackers. Research suggests people who replace refined grains with whole grains tend to have less belly fat."
(16) Tabouli -- high fiber, high protein, and low fat means you get the full feeling with fewer calories.
(17) Broth Soups (not cream-based) -- water content, fiber, and nutrients gives you a full feeling with fewer calories.
(18) Salad -- water, fiber, and nutrient content provides full feeling with fewer calories. Use olive oil and balsalmic vineger or low fat salad dressing.
(19) Shelled Nuts -- in moderation, they provide work cracking the shells, plus a full feeling based on proteins fiber, and essential oils.
(20) Beans -- cook dry beans, which provide fiber and water and nutrients to give you a full feeling with fewer calories, and faster, and with a fullness that lasts longer than many other foods.
Thanks to WebMD for the slide show from which this list was compiled.