Martha's niece Sophie joins her in the kitchen to craft a traditional pumpkin pie.
BONUS VIDEO -- How to Make Organic Pumpkin Pie
Laurie Croft, Health Coach, teaches you how to make a delicious nutritious vegan Pumpkin Pie.
Easy Organic Pumpkin Pie!
• 2 1/2 cups of Pecans or almonds
• 1/2 cup of soaked dates (about 6 to 8 Mejdool dates, PITTED)
• dash of cinnamon
• dash of sea salt
In your food processor mix all three ingredients until crumbly -- not too smooth and press into your favorite pie plate.
• 2 cups of pumpkin (organic, canned -- I used one 15oz can of Farmer's Market Organic Pumpkin)
• 1 cup of soaked dates (about 10 to 12 Mejdool dates, PITTED)
• 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
• 2 T psyllium
• dash of vanilla
Add all ingredients into your food processor and blend until well mixed. Pour into your pie plate and chill.